How do I download or back up my MySQL Database?
There are various ways to export your MySQL databases for safe keeping or transfer. The first method allows you to back up multiple databases via your My20i control panel and the second on a 'per database' basis via phpMyAdmin.
The control panel provides an easy way to download all databases associated with your hosting package. To access this page:
- Access the Backup/Restore page: My20i > Manage Hosting > [select package] > Backup/Restore
- Ensure Databases is checked under Backup Type
- Click Create Backup
A backup task will then be queued by our system. Once finished, a download link will be provided; this usually takes 1-2 minutes, dependent on the size of the database. You can then download a zip file containing all your MySQL databases.
As a 20i Reseller you'll also have the ability to back up your website files and databases in bulk. Choose 'Back Up Web Hosting' from the My20i homepage and select the packages you wish to back up.
Here's a video covering the movement of .SQL files using the phpMyAdmin tool included in My20i:
The phpMyAdmin management software lets you import and export your databases.
- Login to your database via phpMyAdmin (My20i > Manage Hosting > [select package] > phpMyAdmin)
- Choose the database you want to back up down the left hand side
- Click the Export tab at the top of your page
- Leave Quick selected under Export Method
- Select your desired format - we recommend “SQL” for most cases
- Click Go
Within a few seconds a download should begin in your browser.