How do I connect to my Windows virtual machine via Remote Desktop?
20i Self-Managed Virtual Private Servers using Windows Server can be accessed using Remote Desktop.
Remote Desktop is available as standard with Windows operating systems.
To connect from a Windows machine to a VPS using a Windows Server install:
- Via the Windows Start Menu on your local machine, search for Remote Desktop Connection
- Select Remote Desktop Connection, and you'll be be presented with a dialogue box
- Within the dialogue box, select Show Options
- Enter the IP address of the virtual machine within the Computer field
- Within the username field, enter Administrator
- Select Connect
From this point, you can manage the VPS with full Administrator privileges.