How do I take my temporary test site / StackStaging site live?
There are two possible variations on how to approach this, dependent on whether the site in development is hosted elsewhere or whether you're creating a WordPress site on 20i:
Developing your site at 20i but it is hosted elsewhere:
You may be using the temporary URL within StackCP whilst you develop your site. To take the site live you'll need to do either of the following:
1. You can either point the domain to our nameservers which are:
2. Point the domain to the A Record that is located within StackCP > Manage DNS.
If you are using the temporary URL within StackCP and you have a WordPress site, you may need to do either, or both of the following:
Update the temporary URL within WordPress Admin:
- Log in to the WordPress admin.
- Click on Settings on the left hand side.
- Change the WordPress Address (URL) to your actual domain name.
- Change the Site Address (URL) to your actual domain name.
- Update the database.
- Backup your database and save the copy off-site.
- Log in to phpMyAdmin.
- Select the link to your database and choose the one that is your WordPress database.
- All the tables in your database will appear on the screen. You will then see all the tables in your database, locate wp_options and select Browse.
- A screen will open with a list of the fields within the wp_options table. Under the field option_name, locate 'siteurl'.
- Click the Edit Field icon which usually is found at the far left at the beginning of the row.
- The Edit Field window will appear.
- In the input box for option_value, change the URL information to the new site address.
- Verify this is correct and click Go to save the information. You should be returned to your wp_options table.
- Look for the home field in the table and click Edit Field. Note: there are several pages of tables inside wp_options. Look for the > symbol to page through them.
- In the input box for option_value, carefully change the URL information to the new address.
- Verify this is correct and select 'Go' to save the information.
There is further information about this from WordPress.org: Changing the Site URL.