How do I connect to an Unmanaged VPS using SSH?
Unmanaged Virtual Private Servers from 20i are pre-configured to be accessible using SSH.
To connect to your VPS via SSH you’ll need to make sure you have an SSH client available in order to connect - If you’re running Mac OS or Linux you should be able to utilize your terminal application to connect. If you’re running Windows we’d recommend downloading and using PuTTY to connect.
In this guide, we’ll describe how to use PuTTY to connect.
- In My20i, select Manage VPS.
- Head to Options -> Manage on the VPS you wish to connect to.
- In the VPS Information section on the right-hand side, you’ll note the IP Address, Username and Password.
- Open PuTTY and in the Host Name (or IP address) field, add the IP address from the VPS Information section. Select Open.
- You should be prompted with login as: to which you’ll just need to enter the username.
- Finally, you’ll then be prompted for the password, simply enter the password for the VPS as found in the control panel.
You should now be connected to your VPS via SSH.