How do I add a custom temporary URL?
You may want to replace 20i's white-label temporary URL (stackstaging.com) with your own custom temporary URL. To add a custom staging URL you'll need to have a registered domain name within your 20i account. You can either register a new one or transfer-in an existing domain.
To add your custom temporary URL:
- Login to your My20i account.
- Select the Hosting Package Types icon under Reseller Preferences.
- Locate the hosting package type you want to add a custom temporary URL for and select Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom the page and you will see the Temporary URL Domain section. Select a domain from the dropdown menu. This will become the temporary URL you and your customers will see for all packages on the hosting package type selected.
Being able to add a unique custom temporary URL to each hosting package type allows you differentiate between a WordPress temporary URL and a Linux temporary URL.
For example, you could have the temporary URLs: MyBusinessWordPressStaging.com and MyBusinessLinuxStaging.com
However, you may want to keep things simple and use one custom temporary URL for all hosting packages - that's up to you!
Note: There are various Google TLDs that will force HTTPS in the near future which can't be used as temporary URLs:
Google’s 45 TLDs: .gle .prod .docs .cal .soy .how .chrome .ads .mov .youtube .channel .nexus .goog .boo .dad .drive .hangout .new .eat .app .moto .ing .meme .here .zip .guge .car .foo .day .dev .play .gmail .fly .gbiz .rsvp .android .map .page .google .dclk .search .prof .phd .esq .みんな .谷歌 .グーグル
Currently only .app and .dev have obligatory HTTPS deployment, but others other will follow in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have a domain registered within 20i to have a custom temporary URL?
Yes, you need to have the domain name you want to use registered within 20i in order to have a custom temporary URL. You can either register a new one, use an existing one or transfer one in from another host.
- How long does it take for a custom temporary URL to set up?
Using a domain for temporary URL requires DNS updates so may take a few hours to become fully stable.