At 20i we take a huge amount of pride in never resting on our laurels. We are always looking for new ways to help our customers be more successful.
We’ve also won some awards 😎
Let’s take a look back at 2023…
Managed Hosting… but better
One of the biggest launches (if not THE biggest) of 2023 happened in February, with the introduction of our Managed Hosting plans.
Our Managed Hosting platform enables agencies, ecommerce, developers, growing sites and high traffic sites to run all their sites and apps from one easy to use dashboard (My20i), across multiple cloud platforms and global data centre locations.
In typical 20i fashion, we went further than any other managed host…
- Easy cloud server management and vertical scaling with My20i
- Host as many sites as your plan specs will allow
- Unlimited 10GB mailboxes with every server
- Unlimited MySQL/MariaDB with no row or query count limits
- WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce, Joomla! & Laravel optimised stacks
- WordPress staging, cloning, cache, WordPress Manager and more built-in – no bloaty plug-ins required.
- Choose from our huge library of one click apps incl. Drupal, PrestaShop, OpenCart, Moodle and more.
- Instant speed boost with 20iCDN and Edge Caching
- Optimise your images and code at the server level to improve site speed without any additional scripts or plugins.
- HTTP/2-enabled servers to deliver faster results
- Free Redis Cache and ElasticSearch for blazing-fast ecommerce
- Optimised PHP-FPM and PHP OPCache with no cap on PHP workers
- Ironclad security with PCI compliant hosting, malware scanning, DDoS protection, WAF, brute force login protection, FTP security lock and 2FA
- The complete dev toolkit with SSH access, phpMyAdmin, FTP accounts, PHP version control, scheduled tasks, Git version control, remote MySQL access and many more
We’ve been building on the platform all year, with new tools, features, reporting and optimizations like Joomla! and .Net Core.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, call us on 0333 344 2720 or start a live chat on our website. You can also book a one-to-one demo of Managed Hosting.
If you use the same collection of settings, themes and plug-ins across your sites, it can soon become a chore.
Thanks to our brand new ‘Blueprints’ feature, this can be a thing of the past. Speed up your WordPress deployment and launch your next site in just a few clicks.
Read more about WordPress Blueprints.
WordPress Client Reports
We added ‘WordPress Client Reports’ for Resellers via the WordPress Manager. Manually send or create automated reports to clients about their WordPress site(s). Read more here.
Access your Mail Logs within My20i. Go to ‘Manage Hosting’ > Choose a hosting package > Scroll to ‘Logs’ > ‘Mail Logs’ and select which mail box you want to view from the drop down menu.
If you’re a 20i Reseller, you can also offer this to your customers via StackCP.
We spend a lot of time looking at how we can evolve My20i, to ensure it remains intuitive and a great time saver.
As well as the My20i homepage benefiting from a makeover, we also gave the ‘Manage Hosting’ page a huge overhaul, so it is even easier to manage your sites, domains, SSL and email across all our platforms. Read more here.
Use Timeline Backups to restore specific folders or individual files 🙌.
Head to ‘File Manager’ & locate the file you want to restore a previous version of. Right-click on the file, select ‘View Folder/File History’, choose the date/time you want to restore from and select ‘Restore’.
Brand new StackCP Languages
Enable multiple languages within StackCP & open your business to new international markets.
All handwritten by professional, native writers & optimized for their audience – no clunky Google Translate. Read more here.
Refer a friend
We launched our first ever referral scheme, managed directly within My20i and available for anyone to use.
We pay our £25/$25 per referral and don’t place any limits on how much you can earn. Log in and find out more.
Upgrade any Standard Mailbox to a ‘Premium Mailbox’ and get 50GB storage, along with contact and calendar sync with popular mail clients.
GeoTrust Wildcard SSL Certificates
GeoTrust Wildcard SSL Certificates we’re added to our range of SSL Certificates to buy/sell. Encrypt unlimited subdomains along with your primary domain.
Find out more about our range of SSL Certificates.
Apple Pay & Google Pay
We added Apple Pay and Google Pay as payment options with 20i. Simply use a device/client that supports Apple Pay (i.e. Mac, iPad, iPhone, Safari) or Google Pay (i.e. Android, Chrome etc) where you have them set up.
New StackCP themes
We released 8 fantastic, brand new StackCP themes for you to activate. They are all responsive and can be turned on in a click within My20i.
Top Tier WordPress Hosting
Our WordPress Hosting was rated ‘top tier’ by Review Signal for the 3rd year in a row. Read more here.
G2 High Performer
PC Pro Awards ‘Best Web Host’
We were thrilled to discover we had been named ‘Best Web Host’ in the prestigious PC Pro Awards.
“A 100% satisfaction score for customer service (the only clean sweep in the entire awards) and 100% of customers saying they would be happy to renew is extraordinary…it’s hard to find a chink in 20i’s armour.” PC Pro awards – Best Web Host 2023
We continued to support the design and development event scene, sponsoring a range of events. These included:
- UX Glasgow
- Laravel Live
- Create Leicester
- Digital People in Peterborough
- WP Accessibility Day
- Atarim Summit
- You Got This
- UX Camp Brighton
- Pixel Pioneers
- Page Builder Summit
We’ve also signed up to sponsor Let’s Encrypt – who power our free SSL Certificates – and help fund their great work.
FOSS Awards 2023
The FOSS awards recognize all the hard work of FOSS developers and their teams.
We had over 7,000 votes in 2023 (that’s up from 5,000 in 2022), choosing their favourite FOSS apps across multiple categories. Read the full results.
New Reseller Hosting tiers
We introduced new tiered plans for both GBP and USD customers. These new plans cater to varying needs and provide more tailored solutions.
We continue to stand out in the market by offering exceptional value. Unlike some other reseller hosts, we don’t impose hidden resource limits such as physical memory, which means all your sites perform optimally even during high traffic periods. With our autoscaling platform, your customers will never see the dreaded ‘Resource Limit Reached’ warnings.
Other smaller, but no less significant additions in 2023 include:
- CAA DNS Records: Add CAA DNS records to your domain name(s) via ‘Manage DNS’ in My20i
- DMARC Wizard: Easily add a DMARC record to your domains to prevent spoofing and phishing, plus help stop your emails being marked as spam with our DMARC Wizard. Go to ‘Manage Hosting’ > Choose a package > Scroll to ‘Email’ > ‘DMARC Wizard’. If you’re a 20i Reseller, you can offer this to your customers via StackCP.
- Malware Reporting: Malware reporting became available for all customers. Opt-in for malware notifications in ‘Account’ > ‘Account Preferences’
- New Webhook Notification Events: We’ve added new Webhook Notification Events for alerts in Slack, Teams, Discord & Zapier.
- Free Web Hosting Icons: We release a range of fantastic Web Hosting themed icon sets for your next project. 100% free, no attribution required.
- Cloudflare Connecting IP Pass-through: Our CDN network will now pass through the client IP address for websites proxying through Cloudflare. This means customers using Cloudflare can now see the client IP address inside their website Access/Error logs and website-level firewalls/security plugins do not need to make any special changes to discover the client’s real IP address.
- Email marketing Templates: We’ve added 5 new Email Marketing templates to the Email Templates page in My20i. These can be used as part of the Email Marketing tool.
A final thank you
Before we sign off for 2023, we want to say a huge thank you for choosing 20i to be part of your year.
Looking towards 2024, we’ve got some big plans and new features being worked on right now, and we are really excited to reveal them as soon as possible. We think you’re going to love using them!